Hey all. Well, the new semester has begun, and with the new semester comes a new Geekspeak! Near the end of the show I was lucky enough to be joined by my buddy Bryan, who might be making more appearances on the show in the next couple of weeks, but we shall see. This epsidoe was recorded at the Brooklyn College Radio Studio on Thursday, January 26th, 2006. Topics discussed include:
- Symantec stoops to Sony’s level, while the Zone Alarm Suite might not be sending data back to headquarters. Oh what a web we weave…
- An e-mail from Sean Webb from about previous Geekspeak episodes and where to find them. All episodes not on itunes can be found at the Geekspeak home page.
- Star Trek: New Voyages is going where no fan has gone before…finishing the original five year mission!
- WB + UPN = CW. Will it work?
- Move over Nintendo DS, here comes the sleaker, more compact DS Lite!
- We’ve heard nothing from the PS3 camp lately. Is it even close to finished? Kotaku says to expect it by the holiday season of 2006. Will that be too late to combat the combined efforts of the Revolution and the 360?
- Spider-Man 3 will have a familiar face! Good idea, bad idea, or eh idea?
- The Wind Up: Kobe Bryant’s amazing performance, and of course, Superbowl picks!
I’m sure you’re all as glad as I am to have a Geekspeak back in the studio, and you should expect this to be the norm for many episodes to come. I’m alos working on getting a better microphone for home recording to make the transition between studio and bedroom a bit easier in the future.
Also, you can hear me on the latest episode of Comic Geek Speak, which is their giant Episode 100 celebration! And there’s even a video that you can get through their itunes feed that has me in it, for those of you who want to know what i look like (on a bad hair day).
Thanks again to Bryan for joining me near the end there, enjoy the happy bloopers, and until next time, thanks for downloading!