I believe I’m havign trouble with the iTunes feed, so as a just in case I’m reposting this:
Ahhhhh, it feels good to be back in the saddle again. After a long two week absence, Geekspeak has returned! And not only has it returned, but today marks a milestone: Episode 40! To celebrate, I decided it was time for Showcase Spotlight #6, this time focusing upon one of the things I went to during my two week hiatus: Anime Conventions! To discuss this particular section of geekdom, I called upon Rym and Scott of the GeekNights Podcast for their insight both on Anime Next, and Anime Conventions as a whole. In the episode, we discuss:
- Anime Next 2006: The Good, the Bad, and the in Between
- What Anime Conventions Need to Improve
- The benefits of a good Dealer’s Room
- The menace that is…FANBOY FUNK!
- How to keep the overzealous fan under control the easy way, and the hard way.
- Game Room Etiquette, and a Duck Hunt Tournament. Can I shoot the dog this time?
- The merits of cosplay, and some of our favorite cosplays.
- Panels: What it’s like running them, and which ones usually manage to gain our interest.
- Masquerade: Should they tape it and show the good parts at Closing Ceremonies?
We also got into plenty of other tangents, including interesting con memories and stories, and a whole lot more. It was a lot of fun having Rym and Scott on, and definetely make sure to check out GeekNights if you have not, as it is quite the good times. Hope to hear from these two again sometime soon!
As for you listeners, you can drop me an e-mail over at firstname.lastname@example.org, and don’t forget to vote for Geekspeak over at Podcast Alley! Along with that, make sure to hop on over to Fargate Productions when you get a chance, as the guys who run the site are a barrel of laughs, and so is the site!
That’s really all I have to say for this week. Until next time, thanks for sticking with me for 40 episodes of Geekspeak, and here’s hoping you all stick around for at least 40 more!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download